Bail bonds and legal proceedings can be daunting to think about and dreadful to deal with. No one wants to be thrown into this mix so suddenly. But it happens. All the time. If this happens to you, do not worry out of your mind (more than you already are). We, Santa Ana Bail Bond Store Services, can and will thoroughly explain everything to you and we will be with you the entire way. Before getting down to the nitty-gritty, look over these 6 common bail bond rules and regulations, an overarching understanding of the process and expectations.
- The judge at a bail hearing will set the amount of bail. The defendant or someone on their behalf is responsible for contacting Santa Ana Bail Bond Store Services to discuss the bail bond.
- The bail agent will charge you the non-refundable fee for their services – 10% of the full bail amount. You will both come to a payment plan that is acceptable to your financial situation. Santa Ana Bail Bond Store Services accepts cash, debit and credit, and other forms of payment to make it easier, more affordable, and less stressful for you.
- The bail agent will need basic information like identification and contact information, the crime, and more. Have that ready so as to not waste any time. The paperwork will be processed as quickly as possible.
- The defendant is released on the condition that he or she must return to court when ordered. Once the case is closed, the bond is terminated and ends. Any collateral will be returned.
- If the defendant misses their court date for whatever reason (without proper prior notice and authorization from the court or police), the bail bond is forfeited. The bail agent must then track down the defendant. The defendant can be rearrested.
- The bail agent is responsible for paying the full bond within 3 months of the original missed court date.
We want you to get the best outcome of your situation. That being said, there is no other company more qualified than Santa Ana Bail Bond Store Services to take care of you. We have over 27 years of industry experience, over 150 licensed and caring bail agents, and overall a huge pool of extremely satisfied customers.